At the moment I have wanderlust again. Unfortunately, we can not go 365 days a year on vacation. Therefore, it is important not to fall into self-pity, that’s why we should think about what helps us combat the wanderlust.
Here are my 8 tips on how you can combat the wanderlust!
- Feed the travel piggy bank. Very helpful to have a piggy bank to save money for the next trip. Even small amounts are paying off.
- Be a tourist in your city! This may sound a bit weird, but explore your own country or city. Visit interesting places, cafes and restaurants.
- A night in another city! Book a nice hotel and make a short city trip together with your friends. Even if it’s only for one night and not so far away.
- Build your holiday habits into your everyday life! Just get the holiday feeling at home! Take time for your breakfast, having a night out for dinner with friends, go for a walk or light a candle, go to bed and read a good book.
- The love of the journeys goes through the stomach! Mozzarella, basil and tomatoes remind at Italy, sushi at Japan, etc. Cook either at your home or visit some foreign restaurants in your city.
- Listen to the songs! Everybody knows them. The songs which connect you to something. The songs that catapult us to a distant place. Just try it out! Place your headphones, close your eyes, and dream away with your songs.
- Do something with your vacation photos! Pick up your holiday photos and make something beautiful! Then you have something after your vacation and you can always dream back. As I do today with this post … 😉
- Plan your next trip! Even if it’s still a few months to the next vacation, you already can start now to plan.
I hope you like today’s post! Maybe you have other tips against wanderlust. I appreciate your comments.
The next post will be in the form of an outfit post about jumpsuit, the perfect garment for travel.
Until next time.