I would like to bring the punk-look into my everyday wardrobe this season. What could be more perfect than a leather mini skirt!?
I did a little research to find some appropriate items to style an authentic punk-look. If you’re looking for a good, no-questions-asked punk look, too, there are a few main tenets that have withstood the test of time. So here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Mini skirt, skinny pants, bullet and stud belt, loose tee, a lot of leather, fishnet, and feel free to thrown in a bit of bright colors.
- Mix up layers of formal-ness, too. A t-shirt and tie, a skirt and masculine boots or skater shoes. Sure thing, Converse, Vans, Doc Martens, and military-style shoes are best.
- Play up your feminine side by juxtaposing it with masculine items. Sexy fishnets and a loose tees or mini skirt with a mens hat, it’s all good.
- Don’t shy away from metal and other textures. There is nothing wrong with rocking a pink mini skirt and a leather jacket. Your belt could be a hip bag with studs. In stead of necklace a leather chocker with a metal ring.
- Most of your clothes are gonna be cottons or leather. To really have a piece stick out, it needs to be something else. This isn’t completely necessary — after all, simple is good — but if you do want to nail that part of the punk look that is eye-catching, it’s a surefire way to go about it. Like the mens hat made of woolen tweed, this piece is completely different.
I just had to try this guideline and I started to combine my first punk-look with an A-line pink mini skirt and my new loose vest top made of black washed-out fabric, which I have told you about in the article before. And as often inclose my old leather biker jacket, which has served well for years.
As accessories, which are the important heart pieces of a good punk-look, I added a black leather hip back with studs, leather chocker with metal ring, and an Gatsby tweed hat. Vans and pink fishnet stockings.
Finally Punk isn’t something you can put into a box and say this is or is not punk. If you like it and someone else doesn’t, no problem. The main thing is that you feel comfortable.
Whatever it is, go for it!!!